These days, volunteering is quite common in the communities and other parts of the country. The feelings and experience of volunteering are special and personal. There are benefits associated to volunteering in events. For those who never develop the habit of volunteering, it is important to know some of the benefits that volunteering brings.
• The volunteer becomes a protagonist and agent of social change to work with if there is an important event coming up to improve the life of people in the world and to protect or care for the environment.
• It improves the self-esteem and perspective of the volunteer’s own life. Working with different people in a different environment will let volunteers appreciate and value their work situation, family, economic, physical, cultural, environmental, etc. This will let them lean more towards dedication and selfless service.
• It helps to develop social sensitivity and collaborate in getting the best attitudes of the people. You learn and feel the need to commit to the current reality. Develops, integrates or practices concepts such as gratitude, justice, human rights, sensitivity, diversity, solidarity, understanding, and social inclusion among others.
• It helps to achieve or improve work experience or apply the knowledge you have. It gives great satisfaction to convey what is known or used to improve people’s lives. Companies appreciate the realization of volunteering since it shows that the person has values such as solidarity, interest and social commitment.
• They create and strengthen the link with the community in which they are volunteering, which can be the place where they belong or a different environment. They allow us to understand better the reality of those who we live with or what problems exist in that place, since we may not otherwise see them or even imagine that this problem exists.
Volunteering is not a task to is given to people but possesses a lot of benefits. NGOs or companies promote volunteering and appreciate the solidarity of those who participate in these programs because people give their time, knowledge and skills.
The people who were or are volunteers have a more positive vision of the world in which we live since they work to improve it. They have hope because they see how there are changes in the reality, thanks to their work. It is a small contribution, but it grows and multiplies.
Volunteer work is vital in all communities and the more people who carry out this task, the higher the interest in others and the interest of society as a way to achieve greater justice and social equity.
It is very advisable to encourage people to volunteer even a small percentage of our time, as it will help us to value life differently and entirely change our way of thinking and feeling.